American Canoe Association
36th Annual Great Rappahannock Whitewater Canoe Race
The 37th annual Great Rappahannock Whitewater Canoe Race (GRWCR) is designed to be both a competitive or a relaxed event and is family and pet friendly. This classic, volunteer led event on the free-flowing Rappahannock River: SUP, Kayak & Canoe – plus races for kids!
The Races Include
- Flatwater Youth Race (100 yards - FREE) with Canoe, Kayak or SUP provided!
- Flatwater SUP Race (1.8 miles) -Sprint
- Flatwater SUP Race (4.8 miles) - Distance
- Whitewater SUP (1 mile) - Sprint
- Whitewater SUP (1 mile) - Head to Head
- Whitewater Downriver (5 miles) - Canoe, Kayak & SUP
- Whitewater Sprint (1 mile) - Canoe / Kayak
- Canoe Poling (Clinic & Races)
- Scout Challenge (tandem)
FredEvents Run for the River 4-Miler
The Run for the River 4 Mile Trail Run/Walk has the same focus as all FredEvents races: good, friendly and fun competition. This event is also ideal for thos who would rather walk instead of run the paved trail along the Rappahannock River. Awards for the top three racers.
Race Day Registration
Packet Pick-up for the day before:Visit River Rock Outfitter at 915 Sophia Street in downtown Fredericksburg between 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM on Friday, June 2nd.
Friends of the Rappahannock
Friends of the Rappahannock Birding Hike
Join the Fredericksburg Birding Club and a chapter of the Virginia Society of Ornithology on a gentle 2-mile walk along the Rappahannock and view some of the region’s finest birds. Binoculars will be provided. Begins at 7:30 AM at the event grounds with an anticipated return via Virginia Outdoor Center shuttle at 9:30 AM.
Essential eligibility criteria:
- Must be able to traverse uneven terrain for up to two miles without assistance.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to the outdoors and insects for up to two hours.
- Must be able to carry enough consumable liquids for the duration of the hike.
- Must be able to properly dispose of all personal trash and litter
We recommend that you bring:
- 1 quart of water
- Sun hat
- Sturdy shoes for hiking
- Light snack
Yoga Foundation of Fredericksburg
Yoga On Banks Of The Rappahannock River
Learn from the experts at the Yoga Foundation of Fredericksburg as they take you through an hour-long session of breathing, balance and rejuvenation alongside the Rappahannock River. Meet at 9:30 AM at the event site to walk to follow the instructors to the yoga location for an expected return around 11:30 AM. No experience necessary.
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for a period of 60 minutes.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain for a distance of up to .5 miles without assistance.
- Must have the ability to complete exercises on a mat with a sandy surface underneath without assistance.
We recommend that you bring:
- Yoga mat
- Shoes for walking on wooded trails
- 1 liter of water
Fredericksburg Area Mountain Bike Enthusiasts (FAMBE)
Beginner’s Mountain Bike Ride With FAMBE
Ride with the Fredericksburg Area Mountain Bike Entusiasts (FAMBE) for a guided mountain bike trip along the Rappahannock River. The trek begins at the event grounds and will last approximately two hours, covering over seven miles (two paved and five on a single track). There will be a few obstacles and relatively easy terrain, however riders will be led by guides and ride at the pace of the overall group. Meet at the event grounds at 9:45 AM for a pre-trip meeting, which includes an equipment review and a FREE topographic map of the trails. Suitable for beginners!